WHAT IS WIOT?
Bus transit is complicated, and given the rise in avoidable accidents and incidents related to buses around the world, we developed a revolutionary integrated system that focuses on passenger safety and simplifies transportation by integrating technology that connects buses, drivers, students, school admin, teachers and parents—all in realtime.
Introducing the WIOT School Enterprise Transportation Solution.
“Our goal: to improve transportation safety worldwide.”
—Innovent Board of Directors
Global School Bus Safety
Concerns over transportation safety are on the rise due to the number of bus incidents and accidents occurring around the world. Most of these incidents are attributed to negligence, careless behavior and reckless driving, and can be avoided by putting in place proper controls and governance.
CLICK THE INTERACTIVE MAP MARKERS FOR DETAILS ON JUST A FEW OF THE MANY REPORTED INCIDENTS WORLDWIDE.
HOW WIOT WORKS
WIOT: The 360° Integrated Solution
With the leap in real-time communication technology and the abundance of resources available to us, we knew transportation could be made safer through integrated systems and built the WIOT solution that consists of an IoT technology appliance, known as WIOT Gateway, and a suite of enterprise apps.
The WIOT Solution is the simplest answer to the current difficulties of transportation, whether in commercial buses or school buses. The WIOT Solution also offers specific products that directly address the transportation needs of school buses and the school community.
The WIOT Gateway
The WIOT Gateway is an Internet-of-Things (IoT) technology appliance for real-time monitoring & reporting with over 30 functions integrated seamlessly via a centralized smart application and engine that complies with DOT requirements. The WIOT Gateway can intelligently interpret inputs and alert for violations. Functions include:
& BUS MONITORING
- Biometrics authentications for bus driver/ bus monitor
- Alcohol breath test for bus driver
- Accelerometer to determine bus speed limit violations
- Sensors for vehicle harsh braking and unusual maneuvers
- Advanced NFC/RFID attendance management system
- Finger print & camera counting capabilities
- Track student, bus driver & bus monitor attendance
& ENVIRONMENT MONITORING
- Temperature Sensor
- Humidity Sensor
- Fire/Smoke Sensor
- Power Sensor
- Door Operation Sensor
- Bus Tilting Sensor
- Engine Overheating Sensor
- Oil Level Sensor
GPS LOCATION TRACKING
- GPS tracking of the bus to monitor its exact location and route
- Bus off route sensor
& MOTION DETECTION
- Video player
- Camera live recording with zoom capability
- Night vision camera recording
- Local & central long-term continuous video footage storage
- Motion detection camera inside bus
- Motion detection camera for stop sign violation
EMERGENCY PANIC BUTTON
- Equipped with a panic button that supports automated dialing using phone or video call that directly connects to the nearest emergency authority
WIOT Gateway Command Center Software
The WIOT Gateway comes with a state-of-the-art Command Center Software to manage cameras and sensors installed on all connected buses.
Using a wide range of communication systems, including 3G, 4G, WiFi and bluetooth, to ensure a robust and reliable connectivity with the IoT network, data from the WIOT Gateway sensors is fed to the WIOT Gateway Command Center Software, which intelligently deciphers and displays information on its management dashboard.
Concerned authorities such as police departments can now monitor cameras and sensors installed on all buses and can take immediate action accordingly.
INTEGRATED APPS FOR 360° CONTROL
The WIOT Enterprise App Suite
The WIOT suite includes Fleet Management Application, School Admin & Education Reporting Applications, Bus Driver App, Parents Mobile App, Bus Monitor App, and a Teacher Mobile App. Learn about each below.
FLEET MANAGEMENT APP
- The WIOT Fleet Management Application enables fleet companies & authorities to manage their vehicles, drivers, customers & trip scheduling, while complying with the mandated rules and regulations. The application includes a dashboard that provides a 360 view of all vehicles, including maintenance schedule, trips, drivers, trip scheduling, drivers’ expenditure & passengers’ services such as time schedule, as well as a map view on the location of every vehicle
THE BUS DRIVER MOBILE APP
- The WIOT Bus Driver Mobile Application provides state-of-the-art monitoring & control functions to fleet management companies & authorities. The driver is guided through steps to ensure compliance & safety of the vehicle s/he is operating. This includes a pre-trip inspection, post-trip inspection, trip expenditure (gas, toll, parking, hotel, food, etc.) & the ability to capture & transmit pictures for any damage to the vehicle
PARENTS MOBILE APP
- The WIOT Parent App allows parents to register multiple children, manage multiple children, even if in multiple schools or buses, get notified before bus arrival, report kids’ absences, change address and link geographically using GPS
TEACHER MOBILE APP
- With WIOT Teacher App, teachers can manage student’s entry & exit in and out of class, automatically identify absent students, directly call emergency numbers such as police & ambulance, & report multiple incidence types
SCHOOL ADMIN APP
- The WIOT School Admin Software lets administrators register multiple children, manage multiple children, even if in multiple schools or buses, get notified before bus arrival, report kids’ absences, change address, & link geographically using GPS
BUS MONITOR MOBILE APP
- Bus Monitors can use the system to manage their attendance, manage student entry & exit using name & photo (or by name tags/student cards if applicable), view bus routes for each student, call emergency numbers such as police & ambulance, report multiple incidence types (bus or student-related ex. flat tire or bullying), avoid unnecessary pick up or drop off when students are reported absent by parents